Every business will need to be protected against risk by having the correct systems in place. There are various different parts of your business that you may need to protect such as Insurance for your building and your staff, Backup equipment for your information and Emergency Contact Numbers in the event of a disaster.
But what about protecting your business from the outside world?
- Do you have adequate security measures to ensure only safe and trustworthy data is transferred in and out your business?
- Do you sometimes wish your staff could only access websites at break or lunch times?
- Do you want the ability to work remotely in a safe and secure manner?
- Do you want to permanently block those unwanted Spam emails?
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then you may need a Firewall.
A firewall is a form of hardware or software designed to permit or deny network traffic based upon a set of rules and is frequently used to protect networks from unauthorized access while permitting legitimate communications to pass.
Many personal computer Operating Systems include software-based firewalls to protect against threats from the public Internet. Business networks require a physical hardware device which passes data between networks and contains optional firewall components such as Anti-Virus, Spam Filtering, Web Blocking and Remote VPN Access.
As a WatchGuard Reseller, Amber IT are well equipped to advise and install the relevant protection into your business. With WatchGuard’s many optional security appliances, there is a Firewall to suit every business requirement.
WatchGuard Firewall’s not only protect you against unwanted Internet traffic but they can also be configured with optional components such as:
- Anti-Virus Protection
- Email Spam Filtering and Blocking
- Web-Blocker (Designed for management of Internet Access at timed intervals as well as categories of Internet Sites)
- VPN (Allows staff to remotely connect into the business and access data safely and securely)
- Site-to-Site VPN (Multiple Offices can now be connected as 1 Virtual Office, providing access to all your office information at the touch of a button)
- Wi-Fi Access (Built in Wireless functionality reducing the need for seperate Wireless Access Points)
If you would like free information about our Firewall Security solutions, please contact us for free impartial advice.